In 1981, Visalia Rescue Mission was started…
To confront the life-controlling circumstances of homelessness and addiction with Christ-centered services, programs, and resource counseling to build hopeful futures.
Meet the Team
Women's Life Change Recovery Supervisor
Serenity Center Manager
Men's Life Change Recovery Supervisor
Men's Shelter Manager
Donor Care Associate
Donor Care Associate
Volunteer and Partner Coordinator
Citizen’s Business Bank
Graham & Associates
California Controlled Atmosphere
Edge Dairy Nutrition and Management Consulting
Schuil Ag Real Estate
Better Home & Gardens Real Estate/Bloom Group
Statement of Faith
We Believe God is Love:
To know true love is to know Jesus Christ. His love promises to heal and not to harm. His love offers hope and light in darkness. His love is perfect. The demonstration of His love is revealed through His word, His deity and His son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, ultimately authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (1 Peter 1:2)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; He was born of a virgin. (Matthew 1:23)
We believe in God’s Grace:
All humanity came into the world as lost sinners needing salvation. Grace, the undeserved love of God, did what no man could and reconciled mankind back to God. This kind gift presented to humanity the opportunity for eternal life through Jesus Christ.
- We believe man is redeemed by Jesus’ atoning death through His shed blood. (Revelation 5:9)
- We believe Jesus was bodily resurrected and ascended into heaven, and that He will come again in power and great glory. (1 Thessalonians 4:17)
- We believe individuals are saved through a direct, personal encounter with the risen Lord, at which time the Holy Spirit regenerates them. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whom Christ indwells each believer, enabling him or her to live a godly life of obedience as he or she reaches for maturity. (Acts 2:1-4)
We believe God Restores:
Unconditional forgiveness is offered to all who choose to accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior. His forgiveness is enveloped with restoration. He restores the brokenness of man by offering peace and joy as a suitable replacement. A spiritual heart transformation is the result.
- We believe every person is to be given compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31)
- We believe the Holy Spirit unites all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that together they form one body, one church. (Philippians 2:2)
- We believe God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
We believe God Transforms:
The gift of being transformed into the image of Jesus Christ is given to all humanity. Although we will never be perfect in our earthly bodies, we can be presented faultless before the Father by living a lifestyle which strives to reflect Jesus Christ in every area.
- We believe we are instruments of God’s love on the earth, and we are to deliberately seek to love our neighbor. (Matthew 22:36-40)
- We believe in the gift of Christ’s forgiveness, which we are to reciprocate in our forgiveness of others. (Luke 23:34)
- We believe is striving to live holy, blameless lives before God by seeking the mind of Christ daily. (Romans 12:1-2)
We believe in the Sanctity of Marriage:
The ministry of marriage is the divine institution of man and woman sharing a life together in holy matrimony. The beauty of marriage, in the uniting of two hearts, illustrates Christ’s intentionality of being married to the church.
- We believe God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27)
- We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18-25)
- We believe God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4)
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Visalia Rescue Mission’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is Visalia Rescue Mission’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.